The wellness coach will provide coaching to participants to help them manage and improve conditions like diabetes and hypertension, as well as more general wellness goals. The wellness coach is skilled in developing trust and rapport with current and/or potential members. The wellness coach will exhibit exceptional qualities in building relationships, customer service, compassion, teamwork, and empathy. The wellness coaches will provide in-person and tele-heath coaching services by phone or video conference.
- Provide education, coaching curriculum, and coaching to help participants identify their motivations, craft wellness visions, and build care plans that will help them achieve their long-term goals.
- Review and update medications, medical history, and lab results, as well as meticulously document participant interactions, including video conference and phone calls
- Leverage Prime Care coaching platform to proactively communicate with participants, efficiently monitor incoming health data, track progress to behavior change goals, and provide insights to participants.
- Manage an active caseload of participants at a time, with in person, video and telephonic interactions.
- Provide feedback and ask questions related to the human health coaching service to help make improvements to the participant and coach experiences.
- Collaborate with other members of participant care as needed
- Some travel may occasionally be required to meet with clients and participants onsite during health fairs and screening events, etc.
- Passionate about wellness and love driving people to reach their goals
- Certified Health Coach from an accredited organization approved by NBHWC
- Trained in Motivational Interviewing, Appreciative Inquiry, etc.
- 4-year college degree required, with minimum 1 year of health coaching experience, or relatedexperience, such as Registered Dietitian, Exercise Physiologist, Nurse Case Manager, etc.
- Organized, detail oriented team player with an ability to multitask anda fast learner for unfamiliar areas
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic person that has a desire to motivate and encourage others towards better health.
- Comfortable and confident in working through ambivalence and resistance with participants
- Passion for health and fitness industry, and stays up to date with current trends and patterns
- Very strong social and relationship building skills
- Comfortable making cold calls and talking to new people all day
- Excellent customer service skills to calmly and professionally resolve participant concerns with coaching and/or technology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be open to feedback and have a desire to continuously learn and grow
- Experience working with chronic condition management, such as diabetes, hypertension, weight management, etc.
- 3 year of prior experience in sales and coaching wellness, fitness, and/or nutrition programs preferred
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) is a plus
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required. Job Type: Temp/Contract