The Certified Pharmacy Technician acts as an intake for all calls from patients, pharmacies and providers. The Certified Pharmacy Technician performs varied activities and moderately complex administrative/operational/customer support assignments. Typically works on semi-routine assignments.
The Certified Pharmacy Technician addresses questions related to specific assigned area and assists with medication research. Triages calls that require consultation with a pharmacist.Makes outbound calls to patients to offer medication therapy management programs and schedules medication review sessions with consultative pharmacists. Decisions are typically focus on interpretation of area/department policy and methods for completing assignments. Works within defined parameters to identify work expectations and quality standards, but has some latitude over prioritization/timing, and works under minimal direction. Follows standard policies/practices that allow for some opportunity for interpretation/deviation and/or independent discretion.
- Requires High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have an active Texas Pharmacy Technician license
- Experience as a Pharmacy Technician OR call center experience in a pharmacy or related call center setting
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience using multiple computer applications simultaneously and strong data entry skills
- A positive, proactive attitude with a passion for customer service
- Community Pharmacy experience
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Certified Pharmacy Technician